Back to Search Adel-Lawrence Associates
As a Field Service Technician, troubleshoot, service, install (deploy) and repair state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment at customer sites (in-line mfg, optical cameras, weighing system) . This individual must be open and approachable and have solid communication skills, (both oral and written). Possesses a strong electronic technical problem solving. Consistently use experience and reasoning to plan and accomplish goals. Determines and recommend which products or services best fit the customers’ needs. Travel will depend on the area of the base location.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- On-site customer installation, field service support, remote technical support, hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for all products.
- Ensure repaired systems meet operating specifications, ensuring QA procedures and documentation.
- Read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams to component level.
- Isolate system faults at the component level for electronic, vacuum, and mechanical systems and repair.
- Extensive component level troubleshooting.
- Proficient with test equipment.
- Document and provide reports of parts, service or repairs.
- Complete billing or warranty documentation as needed.
- Formal electronics training or MILITARY technical training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to travel as needed
- Experience with Windows (OS) software installation and configuration.
- Troubleshoot to component level.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation.
- Strong customer service attitude.
- Ability to work on complex learning and development problems as well as teach highly technical information.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels.
- Military technical training or Associates degree or higher in Electronics or related field.
- Military training in the following fields desired; Avionics, Electronics, Fire Control, Nuclear, Computer/IT, Electrical/Electrician. Schools from the Navy, Marines, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard
- 4-20 years engineering technician/service experience